who would you keep

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

who would you keep

Postby zenfootball » Mon May 04, 2015 1:49 pm

I am sure as soon we where up MM would have a good idea of will be the players he wants to hold onto and thoughs's who are collecting there p45's
i am sure Wildig will be gone,as much as i like him Vincent has not featured in his teams,

so fans who would you keep?
zenfootball

Re: who would you keep

Postby Bluedog » Mon May 04, 2015 5:03 pm

I think most of the players are on two year contracts so there will not be many new faces.two or three are on loan, Mangan,Wildig Vincent and maybe two others are on one year contracts. Goldson and Woods may go to other clubs if the club get the money they want for them, we shall soon see when the retained list comes out.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Tue May 05, 2015 5:24 pm

whilst Lawrence has done a good job, does he have the legs for another year?
i know this might provoke a reaction but is Collins good enough for league one,personally a good defender should give him no room and guide him too the left
http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/arti ... 45620.aspx

Talks are ongoing with Jermaine Grandison, Andy Mangan, Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro and Jordan Clark

Wildig has not surprisingly been shown the door,out of the above JLAA is ok at league 2 but personally i think he will struggle in league.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sun May 10, 2015 9:27 am

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shr ... os-future/

if this article is accurate then it is a source of concern that town will try to play at a higher league on the same budget , i wont to be clear i wont prudent financial management but how realistic is it to try and stay up on a league two budget.
zenfootball

Postby matster » Mon May 11, 2015 7:13 am

I think it'll depend on whether we get a very good price for a player on what the budget will be for the forthcoming coming budget.
matster

Postby zenfootball » Mon May 11, 2015 6:34 pm

let us hope the promises that they learned from the last time are not hollow ones, despite our very successful season our numbers were down, the club claim there is a big demand for season tickets and i hope that is accurate as we will need the extra revenue.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat