The Season & what next

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

The Season & what next

Postby zenfootball » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:18 am

my main concerned after been relegated was that we did not slide out of the league ;i was hoping for a mid table position.
To bounce straight back is a great achievement i just hope we have learnt from the mistakes we made last time and keep most of the players and build on what we have got.

So whilst we are pinching ourselves what do think was our,

Best game?
Best memory of the season?
Bet Player or players
Best Goal?
favorite formation?
hopes for next season

I am sure MM has already a good idea of the players he wants to keep and the ones who will be collecting there p45's
who would you want to keep and who would you show the door?
games you are looking forward to seeing
hopes for next season
Last edited by zenfootball on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
zenfootball

Re: The Season & what next

Postby Davidski » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:28 am

Did not go to many games this year so here goes on your quiz questions
Best Game away to Leicester in Carling Cup in August
Best Memory Jon Taylor in crowd at above game cheering Salop on and generally being a 'good egg'
Best Player most improved Cameron Gayle
Best Goal the goal on Saturday that sent us up
Favourite Formation everyone behind the ball in corner flag with 5 minutes to go
Hope for next season Salop to stay up mid table retain majority of squad not sell Ryany Woodsy
Davidski

Postby Davidski » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:31 am

On forgot
Game most looking forward to
hopefully Sheffield United away again my idea of making it to the big time football wise is when the home town Police send out their mounted officers on match days....
Davidski

Postby zenfootball » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:46 am

Best game?
For atmosphere Town against Chelsea , personally i thought how played was better against luton i just was left speechless at some of the sublime football against a team who were hot favorites to go back up and we just played them off the park
Best memory of the season?
There have been a few this season my brother in law who is a very big Chelsea fan saying Town deserved to win,The whistle going at the Cheltenham game

Bet Player or players
Leutwiler he has grown in confidence and has made some crucial saves, Weolowski for the energy he brought to midfield ,a lot of what he does not get noticed he breaks up a lot of play and seems to be everywhere,Knight Percival has a really good football brain, Mangan just reminds me of Allan clark.

Best Goal?
Lawrence long range bullet cant remember which game it was.

favorite formation?
i like the five across the midfield
hopes for next season

that we have learnt the lesson from the last time, that keep hold of our best players( i will be amazed if Woods is still with us) i hope we could have a mid table position 12th, consolidate so we can find our feet, i really don't want another experience of scrapping along in the bottom trying to avoid the drop.
zenfootball

Postby keithon57 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:28 am

Pretty much with you there, Zen.

Best match - yes, Luton. Astonishing performance. Could have won by six.

Best goal - Mangan, v Chelsea. Not a technically difficult goal, but it had us believing the impossible was possible, just for a few minutes!

Best player - Leutwiler. Without him, I suspect we would be looking at the play-offs.

Best formation - 3-5-2. Works superbly, at its best. 3-4-3 might be worth considering. Good to see that MM is prepared to change it, when things aren't going well.

Hopes? - That we can play the excellent football that we saw on many occasions, but more consistently. We had a few too many poor performances for my liking, despite managing to grind out the results. Looking forward to it already!
keithon57

Postby zenfootball » Sun May 03, 2015 11:08 am

town will have to adjust to less time on the ball(this is something have struggled with), there first touch must improve we have to be sharper all over the park.
zenfootball

Return to General Chat