Exeter Game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Exeter Game

Postby zenfootball » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:09 pm

exter have won five and drawn three of there last eight games ,there is not much between there home and away form as far as the results goes,whilst they may be tenth they are only one point off a play of place so have everything to play for, unfortunately town will be without two key players Woods and Goldson we look a bit thin on the midfield front so i will be interested to see who MM goes for,Southern has been disappointing when he has played.
with five games left things are very tight every point is crucial with Bury on Tuesday these games are hugely important on how we do.
zenfootball

Re: Exeter Game

Postby matster » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:47 pm

It might be a 442 with something like this

Gayle Ellis Grandison Demetriou
Vincent Lawrence Clarke Grant
JLAA Collins
matster

Postby zenfootball » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:21 pm

matster wrote:It might be a 442 with something like this

Gayle Ellis Grandison Demetriou
Vincent Lawrence Clarke Grant
JLAA Collins

i would be surprised if he did not go for the 442 matster i like the team you have chosen my main concern is we will be very reliant on Lawrence providing the bite in midfield which may reduce the influence he has in attack.
zenfootball

Postby lazchamp » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:05 am

As a die hard Wildig fan I can't help thinking this would have been an ideal opportunity for him (the applause when he came on as a late sub against Northampton was quite telling I thought). But he's out on loan again and likely to be moving on in the summer so ...

I like your line-up matster although I think I'd prefer to see Mangan start with Collins. JC seems to function much better alongside him. Maybe Clark (if selected!) can show us some of the form he showed against Luton.

Squeaky bums time! My missus can't understand why I get so het up about it all!
lazchamp

Postby zenfootball » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:10 am

lazchamp wrote:As a die hard Wildig fan I can't help thinking this would have been an ideal opportunity for him (the applause when he came on as a late sub against Northampton was quite telling I thought). But he's out on loan again and likely to be moving on in the summer so ...

I like your line-up matster although I think I'd prefer to see Mangan start with Collins. JC seems to function much better alongside him. Maybe Clark (if selected!) can show us some of the form he showed against Luton.

Squeaky bums time! My missus can't understand why I get so het up about it all!

you would assume that wildig's loan would have the normal 24 hour recall option , i would like to see more Mangan but it does not sound like he is fully fit so we may just see him for short periods as a sub.it is tense things have been very tight at the top most of the season , town need to show some true grit and consistency.
zenfootball

Postby matster » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:26 am

I would like to see Wildig back but doubt it's gonna happen and very much doubt he'll play in a town top again.

Mangan is being looked after carefully and will only get small appearances until they are confident over his knee.

JLAA is left footed isn't he? He always played well on the left in a 433 type role. I would've put him on left wing but Grant deserves a game. Unless they stick Grant in middle with Lawrence, and JLAA on left, with Barnett up front.
matster

Postby zenfootball » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:38 am

matster wrote:I would like to see Wildig back but doubt it's gonna happen and very much doubt he'll play in a town top again.

Mangan is being looked after carefully and will only get small appearances until they are confident over his knee.

JLAA is left footed isn't he? He always played well on the left in a 433 type role. I would've put him on left wing but Grant deserves a game. Unless they stick Grant in middle with Lawrence, and JLAA on left, with Barnett up front.

Totally agree that Town are been sensible in managing his injury , the problem he had earlier in the season was a intermittent ache in his knee and i believe the knee is still the problem.
i am sure we all a view on were players are best suited, and i appreciate you were having a hypothetical what if post, to my mind Grant has been a bit hot and cold this season and seems to have hit a better run of form ,however i have not seen him in the role of breaking up attacks and giving the midfield some needed bite , physically Lawrence seems to fit that role best ,on the other hand we have two key players absent so we may have to put out a bit of a patched up squad.
zenfootball

Postby Bluedog » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:59 am

Congrats to Grant winning player of the month for March, Exeter will be without top scorer Tom Nichols suspended,will be very interesting to see how town line up.
Last edited by Bluedog on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Bluedog wrote:Congrats to Grant winning player of the month for March, Exeter will be without top scorer Tom Nichols suspended,will be very interesting to se how town line up.

he really deserves this as his form has improved
zenfootball

Postby matster » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:10 pm

zenfootball wrote:
matster wrote:I would like to see Wildig back but doubt it's gonna happen and very much doubt he'll play in a town top again.

Totally agree that Town are been sensible in managing his injury , the problem he had earlier in the season was a intermittent ache in his knee and i believe the knee is still the problem.
i am sure we all a view on were players are best suited, and i appreciate you were having a hypothetical what if post, to my mind Grant has been a bit hot and cold this season and seems to have hit a better run of form ,however i have not seen him in the role of breaking up attacks and giving the midfield some needed bite , physically Lawrence seems to fit that role best ,on the other hand we have two key players absent so we may have to put out a bit of a patched up squad.

We could even see the formation remain as 352 with Ellis, Grandison and Demetriou at the back, with Gayle and Sharp on as wing backs.
matster

Postby stushrew » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Wouldnt like to see Micky D at centre back to be honest

Id go with
leuts
Gayle Grando Ellis Micky D
LL Clarke Grant
Vernon (top of diamond)
plus 2 of Collo, mangs , JLAA , Big Tyrone
stushrew

Postby zenfootball » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:43 pm

town made a bright start seventeen minutes in and a goal from JLAA settled the nerves , i was surprised that Exter did not respond to the goal and town had a lot of possession in there half , town were patient and looked for opportunities to open and well organised Exeter team.

in the second half town had more chances and the goals started coming , i thought the third goal which was scored by JAAA goal was good from the build up too the delivery.Barnett goal near the end was the icing on the cake as he really put his boot through the ball which left the keeper no chance, unfortunately a number of fans who left in the 85th minute missed this stunning shot.this was a disciplined well organised performance by a squad playing a slightly different formation and with two crucial players missing.i thought Clarke playing in the hole worked well.
whilst all the teams in the top four won town continue with there winning run and equal the clubs clean sheet record, the significance of the Bury game will not be lost on any of us.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:27 pm

we won we won we won we won and that is all that matters yippee
smiles on fans faces town winning, keeping clean sheets and scoring goals what a contrast a season can make did i say Yippee !!!
zenfootball

Postby keithon57 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Let's be honest, with the exception of the Pompey match, town have been pretty poor recently, despite the winning streak. However, today's performance was a different kettle of fish. We were dominant through much of the match and thoroughly deserved the comprehensive scoreline. Lawrence was superb. He seemed to be all over the pitch and involved in everything. Ellis had his best performance that I can recall. Jermaine was solid, as always. The whole team played well. Well done to Jean-Louis for his brace and to Tyrone for his thunderbolt. It was great fun. More of the same please and we will be promoted, no problem.

Also, great cameo performance from the cardboard boxes. Never before has rubbish been so warmly applauded! However, the steward might need some further training, I feel.
keithon57

Postby zenfootball » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:49 pm

keithon57 wrote:Let's be honest, with the exception of the Pompey match, town have been pretty poor recently, despite the winning streak. However, today's performance was a different kettle of fish. We were dominant through much of the match and thoroughly deserved the comprehensive scoreline. Lawrence was superb. He seemed to be all over the pitch and involved in everything. Ellis had his best performance that I can recall. Jermaine was solid, as always. The whole team played well. Well done to Jean-Louis for his brace and to Tyrone for his thunderbolt. It was great fun. More of the same please and we will be promoted, no problem.

Also, great cameo performance from the cardboard boxes. Never before has rubbish been so warmly applauded! However, the steward might need some further training, I feel.

I am sure MM will have the stewards on tactical awareness training as we speak, i share your view on recent form keithon57 so it was nice to see town have such a commanding performance.
zenfootball

Next

Return to General Chat