Dagenham & Redbridge game

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Dagenham & Redbridge game

Postby zenfootball » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:41 pm

on paper this a game should win but we all know that historically town have a track record of falling over the banana skin .Over the last two games Dag & Red have beaten stevenage and should have drawn against Wycombe so this is not an easy game .

Town have had a three game winning streak and the last game was a much better performance, what i have noticed is how town perform in the first ten minutes has a big impact on how that half and often the game goes, so we want town to make a brisk start keep the ball on the ground dominate the midfield and go for it, i wish we could throw vincent on as he has pace to burn, i hope Mangan is continuing to get fitter and plays a bigger part in this game.

The Easter fixtures could play a crucial part in how the rest of the season ends for town personally a minimum of 4 points and ideally 6 would be a good outcome.
zenfootball

Re: Dagenham & Redbridge game

Postby matster » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 pm

My preview on Not606... We're into the final stages of the season with it all to play for. Depending on results this bank holiday double we could be top again by the weekend.

Town are fit across the pitch bar the season long injuries. Connor Goldson is due to play his hundredth game for the club and Grant and Lawrence have found their scoring boots. Will JLAA or Mangan get the nod to start? Sharpe is available after his one match ban. Lawrence supposedly had an illness and didn't train earlier this week.

Cureton will be the one to watch for D&R as he has 15 goals so far, which is pretty amazing for someone his age (just wish he scored a few for us). Another ex Shrewsbury player Labadie has been charged by FA for biting again.

Stats wise Town have beaten D&R 8 times and drawn once in the last ten games. Over the last six games we've been pretty equal though with Town 4-1-1 and D&R on 4-0-2 games.

http://www.statto.com/football/odds...h ... idge/stats

Floreat Salopia and let's hope for a win.
matster

Postby Bluedog » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Lawrence has been ill all week and may not play,we will miss him,it will leave us with Woods the only player in our midfield who can make a tackle, Grant and Clarke don't like to go in for the ball, I would like to see Vernon come back in for Lawrence ,he may have lost his shooting boots,but his passing game is good and he gets stuck in.a win for the town. I see the early bird season ticket offer has been extended to Sat 11th after the Exeter game.
Bluedog

Postby zenfootball » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:55 am

i am concerned that Lawrence may be missing without him the midfield will lack leadership and bite.
how town start a game seems to have a big impact on how they play for the first half there are no easy games crucial that town are masters of there own fate, i hope we get a good loud crowd.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:50 pm

a crucial three points as Burton draw, Wycombe lose and bury win.
Town made a slow start initially as Dagenham played some nice approach football , town then started to controll the first half with two goals from Goldson the second was looping header that beat the stranded keeper. both owed a lot to some dismal defending from Dagenham, town had a flurry of shoots and really this game should have been killed off.

In the second half town seemed content to stay behind the ball and run the clock down. whilst this was a good win town distribution was frequently poor and we lost a lot of chances because players either needed a second touch and that led to the defense getting reorganized or played safe with the back pass or failing to take a punt.

right now town continue to make progress.

all of this pales in to insignificance after the tragedy of Nick Mann my condolences to his family and it was a nice gesture by the club to have a minute of clapping, also credit to the Dagenham fans who joined in
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:00 pm

things are hotting up consistency is crucial over the last ten games;
Burton have had 20 pts
Town 19 pts
Wycombe 15 pts
Bury 20 pts
zenfootball

Postby matster » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:53 pm

Good result but feel we shouldn't have taken the foot off the accelerator after the second goal.

The Bury game is looking to be a crucial evening for Town.
matster

Postby zenfootball » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:23 am

matster wrote:Good result but feel we shouldn't have taken the foot off the accelerator after the second goal.

The Bury game is looking to be a crucial evening for Town.

I agree matster it can be very difficult for teams to pick up the pace after coasting, also a goal from Dagenham could have changed the tone of the game, i would have felt more comfortable if town had scored a third goal before calling it a day.
zenfootball

Postby zenfootball » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:48 pm

what the second half needed was vincent with pace to burn tearing past a very wobbly defense , you could see they were terrified when grandison went for a burn.
i much prefer town running the clock down by been camped in there half and pressing them rather sitting back and inviting pressure.
zenfootball

Postby matster » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Yep it'd be nice to see Vincent available from the bench.
matster

Postby zenfootball » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:20 pm

everything to play for town just need to keep scoring the goals and having clean sheets Simple!
i know it was a bank holiday but it was nice to have a bigger crowd.
zenfootball

Postby limacharli » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:10 pm

zenfootball wrote:everything to play for town just need to keep scoring the goals and having clean sheets Simple!
i know it was a bank holiday but it was nice to have a bigger crowd.
As I said on Faceache on Thursday the crowd could be 6000+ and I was right pleased with 6100. I can see away attendance grow with it over these last few games. COME ON YOU BLUES
Jimmy Mack when are you coming back?
limacharli

Postby stushrew » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Lets hope that we can keep the folks coming next season
stushrew

Return to General Chat