Wycombe, and yet more frustration

Chat about anything to do with Shrewsbury Town Football Club

Moderators: Matt_, stushrew, EMShrew, Southern Shrew

Wycombe, and yet more frustration

Postby Matt_ » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:04 pm

Add today's game to the lengthening list of frustrating home games we should have won.

Lincoln, Darlington, Walsall and now Wycombe.

That's a lot of points dropped at home already and we're close to forgetting about the automatic promotion spots unless we embark on an incredible run of results.

Unless we can turn our faltering home form around, and soon, the playoffs are going to be very difficult to reach too. If we don't win a league game at home again soon the players will start to develop a complex about it! :roll:

We played well enough to win today but, after the fine performance against Yeovil, I was again very disappointed by our ability to pass and retain the ball.

There were numerous occasions when a Town player had time to put their foot on the ball and pass it but instead just hooked or punted it forward, usually in the air and often quite aimlessly.

On the team selection front, it appears that Ben Herd only played because Sagi had not trained much this week. I'm now not quite sure what Ben has to do to retain his place at right back. :?

I was also disappointed to see Drummond replace Sorvs.

Sorvs is a big favourite of mine but after the way he played against Yeovil, and the way he and Edwards complimented each other in centre midfield, I don't understand that one at all. :?

We were definitely better after Sorvs replaced Drummond in the second half today. Drummond continues to frustrate me, maybe I expected to much of him after him being Chester player of the season but i'm far from impressed so far.

MK Dons away next in the league, it doesn't get any easier and it's a game we now really need to win before we slip into the bottom half of the table.

Hopefully the new striker will be with us sooner rather than later. Asamoah again flattered to deceive today with some nice touches and runs but it's 14 games now since he scored and he doesn't look like ending that sequence very soon.
Matt_

Return to General Chat